5 Tips for a Successful Virtual Happy Hour
Suffering from cabin-fever? Do you miss conversing with friends over your usual adult libation at Happy Hour? Well…..create your own Virtual Happy Hour!!! My neighbors and I have created V-Bar Mohonk Road – a virtual happy hour to maintain a sense of community while maintaining social distancing in the face if Covid-19.
Here are 5 tips for a successful virtual happy hour:
1. Size does matter. Keep it simple. Keep it small. By limiting the number of virtual happy hour “patrons” conversations can happen without people talking over one another and eliminates the “you go”, “no, sorry, you go” scenarios that can be common in virtual meetings.
2. Be ready for your close up. Don’t start getting ready on camera! Have your location and libation ready when you enter the virtual happy hour so you don’t bore/annoy others who will be forced to watch you fumble with your camera and decide what you want to drink.
3. The Brady Bunch had it right. Use the grid view format in your virtual happy hour so you can see everyone’s faces and reactions clearly. For some added fun, why not wave to the neighbor in the square next to you a la Mike & Carol's brood!!
4. Don’t be an interrupter. Be polite. Be a good listener. Take the time to listen to others, and do not talk over anyone.
5. Keep it light and friendly. No politics. No religion. Period. ‘Nuff said.
Whether you like it shaken or stirred, just have fun! Cheers!!